Home Health Services
Quality Care You Can Trust!
Home Health Services
Families who are faced with health challenges or who are trying to honor their senior loved ones' wishes to remain independent, will appreciate the services of Axiom Home Health Inc.
We offer a combination of services, a customized plan of care, tailored to your needs. Services range from skilled care, provided by health care professionals like nurses and therapists, under the direction of your physician, to the services associated with the activities of daily living – services you need to live safely and independently, in your own home.
Recuperating from an illness or injury used to mean long stays in hospitals, nursing homes or rehabilitation centers but with the services of Axiom Home Care you have another option.
Our professional care giving services assist you in returning home to live independently while still receiving the high quality healthcare you need. You may only need help temporarily or you may require assistance over a longer-term. We can work out a solution that is best for you.
Your loved ones will appreciate knowing that you are safe, well-cared for and able to enjoy familiar surroundings. Even more importantly, you'll be able to maintain your dignity and sense of freedom.
When facing a life-limiting diagnosis, you can trust end-of-life care to Axiom Hospice Services. Rest assured you’ll have a team of truly compassionate, highly-trained care providers who are inspired to do everything possible to improve the lives of people who are facing a terminal illness. Our compassionate end-of-life care is provided in the patient’s home, whether that is a home address, nursing home, assisted living community, independent living community or other location. It focuses on the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of both the individual patient and our patients’ loved ones: caregivers, spouses, children, extended family and friends. We emphasize dignity and peace, controlling pain and other symptoms so the patient can remain as alert and comfortable as possible. Our medical social workers help the family understand and cope with loss; we can also call upon non-denominational chaplains to provide additional spiritual support and grief counseling.
Skilled Services and Programs
We Offer A Full Spectrum Of Home Health Care Services in addition to Hospice. Below is a listing of the wide array of services offered by our home health care agency:
- Skilled Nursing Services
- Case Management
- Private Duty Services
- Pediatric Care
- High Tech Services
- Infusion Therapy
- Ventilator Care
- Joint Replacement Home Recovery Program
- Falls Prevention Program
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Congestive Heart Failure Program
- Nutritional Counseling
- Medical Social Worker
- Certified Home Health Aide
- Live-In Companions
- Personal Care Services ( PHC / Community Program )
- Cardiac Home Monitoring
Axiom Home Health Care Inc. has partnered with Acadian to provide patients receiving services for Congestive Heart Failure with a Cardiac Home Monitoring Program. The goals of the Cardiac Home Monitoring Program are to:
- Prevent unnecessary hospitalizations
- Reduce visits to the Emergency Room; and
- Help the Axiom Home Health Inc. professionals make timely interventions to keep you healthy at home.
How the Cardiac Home Monitoring Works
Every day, you will be prompted to take you own vital sign measurements (blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen level and weight) by using equipment provided by Acadian and Axiom Home Health. It’s easy to do and can contribute significantly to a healthier lifestyle.
This information is immediately transmitted to the Home Health office where Cardiac Nurse Specialists monitor the data and respond to potential problems according to guidelines recommended by your physician. Our agency contacts your doctor when and if there is a need for medical intervention or medication adjustments. With this program, your care team receives daily reports about your health.
The Cardiac Home Monitoring Program enables a nurse to view a status report on your health on a more consistent schedule and more frequently than your regularly scheduled visits to the doctor’s office. This daily information serves as a useful supplement, not a replacement, to the care you get from your doctor.
No equipment to buy
Your healthcare provider will deliver everything you need to your home and teach you how to use it.
You take measurements in your home, without the schedule disruption or time commitment of a doctor’s appointment.
The routine requires only a few minutes each day.
Easy to use
This award-winning system is designed so you can take measurements by yourself, without assistance. Results are sent automatically through your telephone line, toll-free, to the Axiom Home Health Cardiac Nurse Specialist who reviews them daily. There are no interruptions to your phone service.
Whenever there are significant changes in your measurements, Axiom Home Health will call you or your doctor.
No added costs
This program is available to our patients at no extra cost.
Cardiac Rehab Program
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is a conditioning program which assists the cardiac patient and family with the transition from the inpatient setting to home. It enables the homebound patient to continue the rehabilitation started in the hospital. In conjunction with their physician, the Physical and Occupational Therapists recommend various activities to increase the patient's strength, save their energy, relieve their anxiety and enable them to do more for themselves. When ready, the patient will be referred to out-patient Cardiac Rehabilitation with their doctor's approval.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Evaluate patient safety, home assessment, need for assistive devices
- Guide the patient to increase activity
- Reinforce patient awareness of Target Heart Rate (THR), instruction in body mechanics and energy conservation techniques
- Instruct in relaxation techniques and mental imagery
- Facilitate full participation in Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
- Teach low intensity aerobic and anaerobic exercise in both supine and sitting positions
- Reduce patient and family anxiety
- Provide a bridge for a continuum of care after the inpatient stay and while awaiting outpatient Cardiac Rehab
Congestive Heart Failure Programs
The Congestive Heart Failure program is designed to increase the patient's knowledge regarding heart failure, thus improving their quality of life and reducing re-hospitalizations. A Registered Nurse will visit the patient at home, assess their cardiac status and a teaching program will be instituted which includes:
- Explanation of congestive heart failure
- Causes of heart failure
- Signs and symptoms associated with heart failure
- Treatment Guidelines
The Registered Nurse will instruct the importance of recording weight and recognizing early symptoms, healthy food choices including limitation of sodium and fluids, and tips regarding medication management. The RN will report the patient's condition to the patient's doctor and together, they will formulate a plan of care for their patient. Referrals for physical and occupational therapy may be needed. If the patient needs counseling or long term planning, a Social Worker may be referred.
Falls Prevention Program
In an effort to promote patient safety, we have incorporated a Falls Risk Assessment into the home health care admission process for all adult patients. Based on this assessment, the patient may be placed on the Falls Prevention Program. This includes instruction in safety in and around the home, recommendations for assistive devices as indicated and referral to other professional disciplines as appropriate.
Joint Replacement Home Recovery Program
The Joint Replacement Home Recovery Program is designed for patients who elect to receive one-on-one rehabilitation at home under the direct supervision of the Orthopedist. It is a 6 week intensive program tailored to each individual patients' needs.
- "Standard Orders" include coordinated Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapist will plan to visit within 24 hours of hospital discharge
- One-on-one therapy 5 times per week for 2 weeks, then decreasing as appropriate
The therapists will:
- Assess safety and durable medical equipment needs in the home
- Provide a written home exercise program in addition to gait training and stair management
- Provide hands-on instruction regarding activities related to personal care and light homemaking
The therapist goals are to:
- Acclimate the patient to their own home environment
- Build the patients range of motion, strength and endurance
- Guide the patient to increase activity
- Optimize the patients' capabilities toward independent transfers and ambulation
- Maximize patient and family confidence
Additional plan of care options include:
- Skilled Nursing - to assess the patients' post-op clinical status, inclusive of other medical problems
- Certified Home Health Aide - to reinforce the home exercise program, assist with ambulation and activities of daily living
- Social Worker - to address the patients understanding and coping with altered functional status and assist in identifying community resources
- Nutritionist - to assist the patient with their therapeutic diet as necessary
Upon completion of the 6 week program, the agency will make a referral to an outpatient facility when appropriate.
Please note: A referral for the Joint Replacement Home Recovery Program can be made at the same time the surgery is scheduled.
Live-ins are Certified Home Health Aides who live in the home. They provide a wide variety of services for patients including personal assistance like bathing and grooming, homemaking, socialization and companionship. Live-ins work under the supervision of the registered professional nurse. Live-in services are available for 24-hour care and supervision.
Stroke Recovery Program
Coping with the effects of a stroke can be overwhelming for everyone involved. Many stroke survivors are faced with the reality that they must change they way they live to accommodate skills that were lost as a result of their illness. The Axiom Home Health Stroke Recovery program offers individual’s personalized care in the place where they are most comfortable – their own home.
Stroke Recovery Program features:
- Individualized rehabilitation
- Strength and endurance building
- Focus on regaining and/or improving communication skills
- Maximization of patient and family confidence